Syracuse, New York
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of successful, direct experience in advancement operations in a university setting or other financial/operations business or nonprofit environment, ideally in the finance/accounting and operational responsibilities. Strong data analysis skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to and understand the needs and interests of a diverse group of staff in a fast-moving environment as well as a solid understanding and ability to develop a partnership with finance and HR teams.
- Ability to initiate, follow-through, analyze, monitor, and evaluate a diverse set of activities on the HR and finance/operations front. Willingness to work in a challenging environment and meet short deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use sound judgement and discretion at all times
- Expected to be self-motivated and extremely organized, including strong project management skills. Also expected to work in both an independent and congenial manner with staff, students, University officers and outside vendors and consultants.
- Must be highly proficient in financial and human capital software, operations and procedures, including University wide systems and applications (SAP).
But that's not all we're looking for; we want someone who embodies our values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member's contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results.
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
If this resonates with you and you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign--and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional-- we encourage you to apply. If you are hesitant to apply because you have not previously performed every responsibility listed in the description, but you do possess transferable skills, our values, and the defined qualifications, we still want to hear from you and welcome your application as well.
To learn more about Development & Alumni Relations at Boston University, and other job opportunities, please stop by the DAR Talent website: https://www.bu.edu/dar-talent/.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-353-6474.