This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reporting to the Director, Research Finance, the Research Finance Operations & Audit Manager supports the central Research Finance office within Northeastern University Research Enterprise Services (NU-RES) by designing and delivering processes that improve the accuracy and efficiency of NU-RES' financial operations. Oher responsibilities include: reviewing new Banner grant setups, preparing monthly metrics reports, monitoring monthly operational team workflow, assisting senior leadership with audit requests and site visits, performing monthly closeout reconciliations, and special projects. The Research Finance Operations & Audit Manager also reviews exceptions and handles the most complex work.
Knowledge of finance, audit practices, grants and research administration. High degree of proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Teams, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Visio. Excellent analytical, problem solving skills with a high attention to detail. Ability to work, lead and thrive in a fast paced operations group & manage multiple priorities for cross functional initiatives. Proven customer service skills (e.g., listening, empathy, communication, interpersonal, etc.). Able to work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment. Knowledge and skills required are typically obtained through a BS/BA or related field plus at least 4-6 years work experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Award Setup Review Review accuracy of sponsored agreement setups for final entry into Financial System for new and . Monitor aging setups and ensure KPIs are met. Communicate any major term and condition issues to the team for proper handoff and management.
2) Metrics and Reporting Prepare metric report of transactions (FFRs, PDCs, Inactivations, etc.) to be reviewed/approved by RF team. Prepare summary of team trackers and notify RF team of any aging issues to meet KPIs. Develop reports and PPT presentations for senior leaders to assist in strategic decisions.
3) Audits & Site Visits Support all internal/external audits, site visits, and desk reviews. Ensure proper documentation is collected and submitted appropriately. Assist with development/implementation of any corrective action plans or remediations required due to audits.
4) Closeouts Monitor and track closeouts of sponsored awards.. Ensure financial reconciliation for both the OL and the GL and final deliverables have been completed prior to inactivation and monitor the portfolio. Send out notifications to key stakeholders on aging issues. submission of administrative
5) Special Projects Lead or support special projects, initatives and requests.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Northeastern is a global university and Provost Research supports its team working remotely. Remote locations and work schedules are determined based on operational needs and in consultation with Provost Research team members, consistent with University policies and guidance
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.