Continental Properties is looking for a Finance Associate to join our team of dynamic professionals at our Home Office in Menomonee Falls, WI. As Finance Associate, you will be the primary finance representative tasked with ensuring the accuracy and viability of all aspects of the development teams’ financial underwriting and multifamily pro forma.
You will build relationships with debt capital providers, support lender underwriting practices, and identify projects which are likely to obtain credit support. You will report to the Vice President of Finance.
We are embracing a hybrid working environment and you can work both remotely and in office. #LI-Hybrid
* Provide financial leadership to assigned Development Deal Teams
* Responsible for the accuracy and presentation of the financial pro forma
* You will be the primary source of knowledge on the state of the capital markets (debt terms, capitalization rates, etc.)
* Structuring and securing financing for new construction projects
* Negotiation of term sheets and loan documents
* Identifying opportunities for value enhancements to multifamily products, and researching the viability of affordable housing financing incentive programs
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental Properties is a great place to work, as evidenced by our consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
* A company culture that encourages innovation and empowers team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools essential to achieving a successful and meaningful career
* Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
* An excellent work environment with potential for long-term growth in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
* Paid holidays and lucrative vacation time; half days on Fridays during designated months
* Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards team members based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
* For team members who are interested, informal offsite gatherings and company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
* 6-weeks paid parental leave with family-forming & fertility benefits (up to 12-weeks for birth mothers)
* On-demand mental health support and an employee assistance program
* You Belong Here Committee focused on promoting and inclusive and equitable work environment
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team
Skills for Success:
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Real Estate or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
* Experience: Four to seven years of related experience. Experience structuring and securing construction loans
Continental Properties is a national real estate development and property management company headquartered in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded in 1979 and still privately held, continental has grown from a small company to a major presence in the real estate and apartment management industry. With each project, Continental works as a responsible business partner and community leader. We operate Springs® Apartments, our national award-winning apartment brand with a fierce commitment to customer service. The Springs offers features and amenities distinguishing us from the competition, promoting customer satisfaction and retention, and challenging the status quo in the apartment industry. The development and management of our retail projects and apartment communities is backed by Continental’s hallmarks: ethical business practices, expert industry knowledge, financial strength and an uncompromising attention to detail. Continental Properties’ team of exceptional people, its financial resources, critical thinking and unrivaled industry insight all play a role in creating real estate developments that deliver optimum benefit to our tenants and attractive returns to investors and enhance the communities we serve.