Reports To: Chief Financial and Operating Officer (CFOO)
Position Overview: Kent Place School seeks an experienced and dedicated professional for the role of Director of Finance. This position is a full-time, 12-month, in-person position. The Director of Finance has 4 direct reports, including the Accounts Payable Manager and the Accounts Receivable/Budget Manager and is responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting operations and systems of the Business Office. The role has visibility with leadership and the Board of Trustees. This role requires an individual with proven analytical and financial modeling skills, strong accounting experience and the ability to see work projects from inception to completion. Strong technical skills are a must. Strong communication and relationship building skills. This position is available beginning October 15, 2023.
• Prepare and analyze monthly internal financial statements for review with Admin team and finance committee, including balance sheet, budget reports, cash flow, and A/R monthly report. • Prepare and analyze monthly campaign cash flows, progress on pledges, and campaign budget reports. • Special reports as requested by CFOO and Head of School • Review Business Office cost center budget and projections • Prepare salary and benefit budget and projection • Prepare financial section of INDEX and NAIS annual survey
• Maintain all aspects of the general ledger on a timely basis • Perform monthly and year-end postings and closings; including review of account reconciliations prepared by accounting team • Monitor accounts for accuracy • Review journal entries prepared by others • Supervise and review preparation of bank reconciliations • Supervise student billing staff and ensure timely collections • Supervise accounts payable staff and ensure all invoices and bills are paid within seven (7) days of invoice receipt by KPS • Review and approve accounts payable batches, sign checks when needed • Review 1099 forms annually • Maintain and manage Financial Edge computer software, including user accounts • Supervise and review quarterly sales and use tax return
• Review daily cash receipts and requirements • Make appropriate fund transfers for liquidity needs • Allocation of investment earnings to appropriate endowment funds and reserves • Inform development of fund balances as needed
• Review monthly payroll changes • Prepare monthly payroll journal entries • Review quarterly payroll tax reports • Review W-2 forms prepared by payroll vendor • Review all retirement plan contributions • Process applicable salary adjustments for employees on disability
• Coordinate annual school audit and serve as liaison with independent audit firm • Coordinate and prepare client assistance package information for auditors; ensuring area specific content is prepared by the person responsible for the area • Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes
Board of Trustee Communications
• Attends all audit committee meetings • Presents annual audit results and financial statement to Audit Committee • Prepares financial report and analyses for finance committee Other duties as assigned by the CFOO or Head of School.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Education – Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA or MBA preferred • Experience – 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, cash management, and payroll. Previous supervisory experience and experience with non-profits is strongly preferred, especially in independent schools. • Staff Expectations – Staff are required to annually sign the staff expectations agreement and adhere to its content as part of the employee’s overall performance evaluation. • Knowledge – Knowledge of any or all of the following is a plus: Blackbaud, Google Suite, Paymerang, Paycom • Skills – Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google; relationship management skills and cultural awareness. • Confidentiality – Understanding and practice of confidentiality with school business and employee information is a must. Breach of confidentiality will not be tolerated. • Commitment to diversity and inclusivity and possession of the skills necessary to work and lead in a diverse community and support the implementation of the school’s plan for diversity, equity and inclusion.
STAFF EXPECTATION AGREEMENT
Mission: Kent Place empowers girls to be confident, intellectual, and ethical leaders who advance the world.
Demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of skills required for your position.
Continually seek professional development opportunities to stay current in best practices within your field of expertise and within the areas of equity, inclusion, belonging, andjustice.
Maintain a high level of professionalism in all work, communication and collaboration.
Employees are expected to maintain professional courtesy, and discretion.
Employ an anti-racist, anti-bias approach in all job responsibilities.
Staff strive to adhere to the following technology related courtesies:
Responding to emails and phone calls within 24 hour rule, even if just to acknowledge you have received the information and will get back to the person.
When out of the office for longer than a day, please make sure your Out Of Office message is on, with an appropriate secondary person list for outreach when necessary.
If applicable, please keep your working location up to date, including when utilizing a Flexible Work Day.
Professionalism and Collaboration
Embrace and act in accordance with the mission and values of the school.
Respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of each member of the community.
Comply with the policies and procedures as articulated in the Employee Handbook and per departmental expectations.
Uphold professional standards of personal presentation,
Strive to be accessible and approachable by all constituents, maintaining a friendly and professional tone at all times.
Adhere to Kent Place School's Community Conversation Norms including treating all inquiries and requests from community and non-community members with timeliness, respect and kindness.
We encourage all staff to foster and engage in authentic relationships with peers and colleagues, including participating in community events.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.