Working under moderate supervision CHRISTUS Health Plan Finance manager will be responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting, and reporting complex financial issues. This position is heavily involved in capital planning and tracking, Health Plan and Population Health analytics, and assigned ad hoc projects. As a member of the Finance team this role is expected to support efforts in improving financial processes, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals. Individual will be expected to possess a natural sense of intellectual curiosity. This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will have direct reports.
· Analyze monthly financial statements and statistics to identify variances between planned and actual transactions to understand the cause and adjust forecasts and long-range plans accordingly.
· Lead a team of analysts in researching and preparing complex financial reporting and analysis
· Create and maintain financial and ad hoc reports in a variety of systems including but not limited to Infor Spreadsheet Designer/BIRST, Power BI, and Excel.
· Develop financial models and AD HOC analysis for senior management and Finance leaders to support strategic initiatives
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or related fields of study
· Experience preparing financial models and budgets
· Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with stakeholders and vendors.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products required; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL preferred
· Excellent organizational skills
· Management experience or experience leading teams
· Must be able to work in a team environment, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
· Healthcare operations experience, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, and capital management preferred
· Healthcare or Health Insurance experience, including but not limited to Medicare Advantage, Health Exchange and Population Health Finance preferred
· Four or more years of advanced experience in accounting, financial and operational analysis, or similarly related fields
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.