Finance & Contract Support Manager, Sr Finance Manager -- GWS Local - 61170 | CBRE
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Internal Number: 61170
GWS Local is a tailored, facility management solution at a local level with access to the Global CBRE GWS platform. We manage soft services through trusted best-in-class partners, and self-delivery of hard services. Utilizing an Agile delivery model with structure, governance, and accountability through employee empowerment. Partnership with Local also provides access to our "Best in Class" additional services: Sustainability and Energy Programs, Project Management, Moves & Changes, Security Consulting, Workplace Strategy, and Host Workplace Experience.
* Developing high quality and effective Client relationships especially across the Business Unit.
* Build good working relationship with account management and key client's members and be a business partner for both.
* Tightly manage contract governance, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all cost elements are appropriately accounted for.
* Assist with client team requests in a timely and accurate manner.
* Positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility.
* Monthly formal Contract and Business unit reviews. Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through monthly site visits with focus on underperforming contracts.
* Liaising with the CBRE US Finance or GWS US Financial Planning and Analysis team to fulfill any ad hoc information requests.
* Support any GWS transformation and client initiatives, working closely with other functions to ensure full alignment of deliverables and results.
* Prepare accurate Business Unit reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project Profitability reporting, Profit & Loss forecasts and annual plans.
* Ad-hoc reporting as requested by Divisional Finance Director or Business Unit Director.
* Provide best in class Management Information to both Client and GWS management to include Actuals v Budget.
* Provide ad-hoc support and financial analysis as required.
Contract and Finance Management
* Continually review, maintain and improve cash-flow, margins and reporting. Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information.
* Drive high quality financial / commercial performance through understanding the contractual commitments on service lines in US and ensure is aligned and consistent with global contract management practices.
* Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure Client and GWS financial savings targets are maximized.
* Review Contract and Business Unit P&L results and challenge.
* Carry out regular Business Unit reviews and Project reviews.
* Active management of overheads for business whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings.
* Build and develop high level relationships with business and account leaders, central finance teams, customers and external agencies (e.g. auditors).
* Constantly improve quality, service and efficiency.
* Communicate regularly with contract financial and contract support staff to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives and achievements.
* Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
* Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Business Unit / Contract.
* Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP, in line with GWS policy.
* Manage the integrity of data in Client reporting and GWS systems.
* Develop an understanding of how to best utilize GWS system-generated reporting capabilities.
* Continually develop systems to maximize efficiency benefits for client & GWS.
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
* Have thorough knowledge of procedures and processes and lead the delivery of these to the required standard.
* Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
* Assisting in the preparation of annual bottom up Plan for and monitoring the forecast through the year.
* Ensure balance sheet and cash flow Plans are prepared.
* Ensure CBRE and statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
* Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and Balance Sheet Commentary.
* Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out, reviewed and maintained in ART.
* Driving and agreeing any financial policy requirements with the Divisional Financial Director.
* Recruit, induct, manage, target, motive and develop the Contract Support team.
* Review and advise on resourcing gaps.
* Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans.
* Build, lead and motivate a diverse and effective team. Empower team members to take responsibility and accountability.
* Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team.
* Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions.
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.