The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. The mission of the NAM is to be the voice for all manufacturing in the United States.
National Association of Manufacturers
Job Title : Vice President Finance and Accounting
Division : Finance and Administration
Department : Finance and Accounting
Reports To: SVP, Finance and Administration & COO
Level: Leadership Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is a member of the NAM Leadership Staff team and is responsible for the direct administration and control of financial affairs of the NAM and the MI.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Establish, or recommend to management, major accounting objectives and policies for the Association and the Manufacturing Institute. Enforce and periodically evaluate policies and procedures, internal controls, appropriate financial systems and processes. Also advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions and FASB pronouncements. 20%
* Prepare timely and accurate reports which summarize Association business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past and present operations. Oversee and coordinate all financial/accounting and standard reporting for the Association and the Manufacturing Institute; ensure the NAM's chart of accounts is current and complete.25%
* Prepare and analyze annual budgets and determination of depreciation rates of capital assets. Work with Senior Management to evolve and innovate the budgeting process to help anticipate and illuminate the organization's needs, strategies, and financial realities. Monitor budgeting and accounting activities for the Manufacturing Institute and certain NAM lead coalitions, comparing actual results to budget during the year.25%
* Manage department staff to assure quality customer service and evaluate performance. Strive to maintain a strong customer service mentality to deliver the support and innovation in financial metrics, processes, and reports that each area of the organization may require. 10%
* Manage audits of the NAM, the Manufacturing Institute, Revised Retirement Plans and 401(k) plans. Manage related federal and state filings to ensure accuracy and timeliness.10%
* Prepare or coordinate with accounting firm annual information and/or reports required by regulatory agencies; compiles and submits District of Columbia, Maryland and all state annual property tax filings.5%
* Business management operations including business insurance portfolio, retiree benefits, retirement and 401(k) plans as part of the NAM Retirement Committee, and preparing and managing the annual bonus program. Position and department staff work closely with human resources to insure seamless support of payroll and benefits administration. Oversee Association cash management and operating cash and investments.5%
* Two indirect reports- Director, Payroll, Retirement Benefits and Memberships; Accounts Payable Specialist
* B.S. in Accounting, C.P.A.; 10 years accounting experience; 3-5 years supervisory experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, auditors and the general public.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with strong listening ability;
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain structure and standards while creatively responding to the new and evolving needs from any segment of the business.
* Strong project management and organizational skills;
* Strong interpersonal relations;
* Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy;
* Computer proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point), and the Internet; Ceridian or similar HRIS experience a plus;
* Strong team player and team leader;
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, quality and goal driven work environment.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, and ample vacation and sick leave. Become part of a fast-paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.