The Vice President of Business Services and Finance and Chief Financial Officer for the College of Lake County (CLC) is the executive responsible for leading the business and operational functions of the College including finance, budgeting, risk-management, internal audit, facilities, procurement, auxiliary services, infrastructure/capital projects and public safety. The Vice President of Business Services and Finance is an equity-minded, visionary leader committed to the strategic use of resources to advance student access and success outcomes for CLC’s diverse student body. The Vice President of Business Services and Finance demonstrates collaborative, values-driven leadership and is responsible for creating a dynamic work environment characterized by collegiality and inclusiveness for all students, faculty, and staff. The Vice President of Business Services and Finance is a strategic thought leader for the organization, reporting directly to the President, and serving on the College Leadership Team.
The Vice President of Business Services and Finance ensures sound financial practices to maintain or improve the College’s strong fiscal position, strategic use of resources to support short-term needs and long-term planning, compliance with unit-related local, state and federal regulations and laws, efficient and effective daily operation of multiple facilities and an equitable and inclusive work environment. The Vice President of Business Services and Finance drives continuous improvement of business processes and innovative change that eliminates barriers to student success through hiring and ongoing development of leaders and staff committed to the same. Responsibilities also include developing and maintaining strategic and collaborative partnerships with local, regional, and state agencies and aligning the Business Services and Finance unit work with the college’s strategic priorities, vision and mission.
1. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, administration, management, accounting, or related field and a mini-mum of seven years of successful senior organizational leadership in financial planning and budget development and control with a public college or university in multi-campus environment. Community college leadership and experience in the role of Treasurer supporting a community college Board are highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, administration, management, accounting, or related field and a mini-mum of ten years of successful senior organizational leadership in financial planning and budget development and control with a public college or university in multi-campus environment. Community college leadership and experience in the role of Treasurer supporting a community college Board are highly preferred.
2. Demonstrated expertise in leading collaborative development and monitoring of a complex budget for a mid to large-sized organization which in-cludes but is not limited to budget and auditing practices, internal controls, financial reporting standards and requirements.
3. A proven record of developing and partnering on budget solutions to fund areas of growth and innovation within a culture committed to strategic use of resources and stewardship.
4. Demonstrated successful experience as well as the knowledge and skills required to lead and manage staff in a large business unit responsible for finance and budget, business operations and capital planning and construction.
5. Demonstrated success in developing partnerships with outside entities such as local and state governments, other secondary and post-secondary educational institutions, workforce, and community organizations.
6. An exceptionally skilled communicator with a proven ability to work collaboratively in a shared governance and unionized environment; possessing the skills to crystallize complex financial administrative information into lay terms and effectively articulating the College’s financial vision, strengths, goals, and requirements to a wide range of audiences, both internal and external.
7. Proven record of providing an exemplary level of customer service to all internal and external customers, partners, students, employees, vendors and community members. Must maintain professionalism in demeanor, interactions and appearance.
8. Demonstrated commitment to student and employee success and the open access mission of community colleges.
9. Experience fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment in a diverse setting.
10. Demonstrated professional experience using evidence-based decision-making, short and long-term planning, project management and working with-in an accountability structure.
BACK TO TOP
AFP Online Job Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AFPOnline has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AFP Online Job Center.