Vibrant private community Jewish Day School in Agoura, CA seeks a part time Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will work collaboratively with the Board and Head of School to establish sound policies and practices, maintain financial stability, inform policy decisions, and make policy decisions in accordance with best not-for-profit accounting practices. Provides monthly and long term reports to the Head of School and the Board of Directors for effective short- and long-term planning and decision making. The
Director of Finance will be responsible for:
• Maintains journal of all transactions and prepares financial statements
• Reconciles bank statements
• Collaborates with Finance Committee to make budget and cash flow projections to report to the Board of Directors.
Tuition Assistance Administration
• Collaborates with Tuition Assistance Committee to determine awards and implement tuition assistance policies.
• Conducts computation of forms.
• Maintains records and prepares reports
Student Billing Management
• Prepares and sends contracts and payment schedules to returning and new students
• Prepares and updates the automatic billing for new and returning students
• Processes all the payments received
• Manages the Tuition Refund Plan insurance
• Resolves parent questions and concerns regarding student billing
Payroll Management and Personnel (in collaboration with Paycheck)
• Processes staff contracts and maintains employee files
• Processes new employees, including legal and Board requirements
• Processes payroll through external service provider
• Manages and updates the database of all personal, organizational, and potential contributors; enters all donations into database
• Prepares deposits and journal entries
• Produces all event and campaign reports
Accounts Payable Management.
• Reconciles suppliers’ accounts and resolves billing disputes
• Produces 1099 forms
• Aids Parent Organization accounting, including Financial Statements and Cost Analyses
Ilan Ramon Day School prepares our children to embrace the diverse challenges of the 21st century. We are a community Jewish day school with an integrated curriculum focused on critical thinking, community involvement, the values of Judaism, and a personal connection to Israel. Our innovative program develops lifelong learners and leaders by emphasizing intellectual, spiritual and creative development with a focus on the social-emotional growth of each student.
To learn more about IRDS, please visit our website: www.ilanramondayschool.com