Sunflora, Inc., is a rapidly growing and successful CBD company, in its early stages of development with high potential for future growth, both domestic and foreign. Sunflora designs, develops and markets cutting edge CBD products through our network of franchise stores. We expose and promote an awareness around natural, plant-based CBD solutions to enable our clients to achieve their potential and continue serving as inspiring and essential members of our society. If this interests you, Sunflora has an opportunity for a highly motivated, collaborative, experienced, Vice President of Finance to join our team in Palmetto, Florida.
The ideal candidate will have excellent financial, accounting, and analytical skills with a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. The primary purpose of this position is to provide oversight of the functions surrounding all aspects of financial, accounting, and audit management, including the business oriented implementation of general accounting principles, regulatory and financial reporting, all aspects of budgeting, forecasts preparation, accounts payable/receivables, and payroll. Responsibilities also include implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls to ensure that the company assets are safeguarded and that accounting procedures conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management.
- Creates and supports an internal control environment that safeguards company assets.
- Develop forecasting models for budgeting and valuation processes.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports and record keeping accounting; ensures that the reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Conduct budget preparations; confers with upper management about budgeting and reviewing strategies to meet overall company goals and objectives. Oversee compliance thereof.
- Manages and forecasts cash flow and short/long term obligations.
- Oversees annual financial audit process, (hiring, supervision, and interface of third-party accounting firms); interfaces with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit; and ensures the timely and proper delivery of audit results.
- Directs the implementation of needed corrections as determined by audit.
- Deploy payroll solutions and oversee wage compliance (domestic and foreign) and best practices.
- Assist with employment practices, including leaves, compensation and other labor and employment concerns.
- Supports foreign operations, foreign exchange risks and hedging, tariffs and VAT matters, and local accounting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal, and international government requirements regarding reporting, taxes, withholdings, and other accounting matters.
- Oversees month-end closing and year-end closing and coordinates and assigns duties to the accounting staff as needed. Works directly with Sales Department on new, modified, and discontinued sales orders.
- Prepares and provides financial statements, sales reports, commission reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
- Works closely with financial institutions concerning banking activity changes, enhancements, and charges.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Responsible for general liability insurance renewals and amendments.
- Workers Compensation reporting.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expertise in Financial planning and strategy.
- Expert level knowledge of IFRS/GAAP concepts and principles.
- Commanding knowledge of risk and profitability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Tax and tariffs.
- Foreign exchange and hedging.
- Corporate/Treasury finance
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Works independently with minimal guidance and excellent team player.
- Explains complex issues in a concise manner.
- Exhibits excellent accounting skills.
- Possesses excellent customer service, strong leadership and outstanding interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Completes projects and assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Balances workload and manages staff efficiently and effectively.
- Listens perceptively and conveys awareness.
- Reads, writes, and speaks in Standard English.
- Communicates above average verbally and in written format.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computers, MS Office, QBO, Fishbowl, printers and other equipment and software programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Oversees employees responsible for financial reporting, accounting, internal controls. billing, collections, payroll, bank reconciliation and budget preparation.
- Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years of senior leadership experience in general accounting/finance areas
- Experience with standard cost accounting, inventory management, forecasting, budgeting, and GAAP
- Prior experience as a Controller or Vice President of Finance (or comparable responsibilities).