Natixis is the international corporate and investment banking, asset management, insurance and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 31.2 million clients spread over two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d'Epargne.
With more than 16,000 employees, Natixis has a number of areas of expertise that are organized into four main business lines: Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate & Investment Banking, Insurance and Specialized Financial Services.
As Senior Financing In-house Counsel, you will provide legal support in connection with trade, commodities & export finance transactions originated within the Corporate&Investment Banking business line (mainly syndicated or bilateral transactional trade finance facilities, receivables discounting transactions, issuance of guarantees, letter of credit and repo transactions).
In this respect, your main missions will be :
Advising the front office, syndication, agency, middle office and back office teams at the various stages of the financing & repo transactions (structuring, negotiation, implementation, syndication or refinancing)
For bilateral transactions, drafting and negotiating legal documentation mainly governed by English law and coordinating the closing of the transaction
For syndicated transactions, coordinating with external counsel, interacting with other in-house counsels if relevant and control functions (e.g. risk and compliance departments)
Contributing to digital and regulatory transversal projects relating to trade & export finance
Carry out a regular legal survey in your field of competence
You have 7 years experience in the financing division of an international law firm or the legal department of an investment bank. Experience in commodity trade finance or export credit would be appreciated.
Technical Skills :
- Strong technical skills in contractual law, guarantee and security laws, banking laws, insolvency laws and any other relevant law applicable to financing and repo transactions
- Strong knowledge of English law concepts relevant to financing, discounting and repo transactions
- Strong knowledge of LMA financing documentation
Other skills required :
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels
- Personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with Group policies and culture
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Personal flexibility to meet changing expectations/environments
- Ability to stand firm on sensitive and difficult issues when required
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach to problem solving
- Build partnerships with co-workers within a team-oriented environment
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
Native/Fluent in English.
Location : 68-76 Quai de la Rapée - 75012 Paris
Internal Number: 8515080
BACK TO TOP
AFP Online Job Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AFPOnline has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AFP Online Job Center.