Senior Finance Professional/Finance Director
An international humanitarian organization is currently seeking a Senior Finance Professional/Finance Director to support in carrying out its mission in an effective, efficient, ethical and accountable manner. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Finance Professional/Finance Director, participates in developing collective decisions, setting priorities and making recommendations to the Board of Directors as part of a team.
- Oversees and directs cash management, implementation of the investment policy, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long range forecasting.
- Appraises financial position and issues periodic reports on financial stability, liquidity, and growth to the Board, management and staff.
- Directs an overall headquarters’ budget of more than 400MM.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports. Identifies analytical reporting needs and defines the corresponding analytical procedures.
- Advises management and the Board on investments for short- and long-range financial plans.
- Directs and prepares staff in support of external audit.
- Leads, manages and evaluates the Finance department in establishment of annual objectives.
- Design and implement the structural and organizational changes necessary for the finance department to adapt to present and ongoing challenges, ensuring a satisfactory balance between the distribution of skills and tasks and the necessary redundancies among the team.
- Master's degree (M.B.A. or M.P.A.) or equivalent plus a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in non-profit Finance & Administration, including at least four years at a senior level, preferably in an international organization and not for profit organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in roles requiring analytic, systematic thinking while managing multiple priorities. Ability to anticipate and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Experience in accompanying an ERP deployment process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US non-profit regulatory environment and grants and risk management.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading the development and follow up of large budgets.
- Staff management experience with ability to provide leadership, innovation, motivation and constructive performance reviews to staff, securing their respective commitments to the organization’s goals.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of the organization, and its commitment to transparency to its donors and employees.
- Residence in or relocation to the New York City area.
Starting salary in the low $100s to start, commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
To apply, send letter of interest and CV to: email@example.com, ATTN: Director of Finance Search
No calls please