For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $124 billion in banking assets
- $6.7 trillion in assets under custody
- $8.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $942 billion in assets under management
Develops new treasury management business by maintaining an active prospect and client calling program, coordinating new business proposals, developing overall marketing strategies for assigned clients and assigned market segments, providing cash management industry and product expertise to clients and prospects, and coordinating other marketing-related activities for clients and prospects either in conjunction with other Northern Trust relationship management staff or independently. Maintains existing treasury management client relationships through frequent calling and consultation activity.
1. Develops new treasury management revenue from prospects and existing clients through ongoing calling and consulting activity. Coordinates new business proposals and sales strategies with relationship managers and other partners for treasury management opportunities. Educates internal partners on client utilization of banking services.
2. Develops marketing and sales support strategies for targeted industries and communicates these strategies to relationship managers.
3. Maintains existing treasury management client relationships through periodic calling on assigned clients, and calling on smaller unassigned clients as needs arise. Consults with clients regarding cash management industry trends and Northern Trust products, matching client needs with appropriate treasury services and technology.
4. Documents client solutions for ease of account implementation.
5. Acts as ultimate point of responsibility for resolution of client-related treasury management issues, coordinating the activities of internal resources as needed to reach resolution.
6. Develops specific industry and market knowledge through client calling and shares this knowledge with the bank's product management function(s), working together to identify and evaluate new/enhanced products.
7. Performs comprehensive treasury management studies for selected clients and prospects, and delivers presentations of consulting findings to client and prospect management.
8. Ensures compliance with various regulatory requirements related to assigned client portfolio.
9. Identifies cross-sell opportunities for Northern Trust products outside of the treasury management product set.
In-depth knowledge of treasury management products and services, new and emerging banking technologies and client applications, usually acquired through experience, is required to identify and evaluate new business and product enhancement opportunities. Analytical and problem-solving skills are required to understand underlying business issues and build appropriate treasury management solutions for clients, including analysis of various pricing and profitability scenarios. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills are required to communicate with clients, prospects, and internal partners. PC skills are required, including the use of Microsoft Office suite.