Responsible for leading all day-to-day aspects of the Finance and FP&A functions, overseeing the organization’s fiscal performance and ensuring that all financial procedures, records and reports are maintained in accordance with generally accepted practices for a publically traded company. Additional oversight of Investor Relations, Real Estate, Tax, Treasury, Information Technology and Operations. This position will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the Executive Staff and interface with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain the company’s overall fiscal discipline and integrity
- Assess the current controls environment of the Company and design, implement and continuously monitor the evolving needs of the business to ensure accurate, timely and insightful financial information to optimize the Company’s financial health and to guide strategic and tactical decisions
- Develop and prioritize capitalization strategies and manage the overall balance sheet
- Lead the stewardship of the company’s assets with an emphasis on areas of significant investment & risk, including Inventory
- Lead the company’s Investor Relations efforts, including the development of a comprehensive IR strategy to communicate the VRA story and opportunity. Cultivate positive relationships with investors and sell-side analysts.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Staff and other senior leaders providing a strong, positive influence in Company’s operating aspects and strategic planning
- Provide leadership and fiduciary guidance to functions outside of CFO’s areas of direct responsibility (i.e., Strategic Planning, Inventory Planning & Deployment, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, etc.), to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiencies
- In concert with the CEO and the Executive Staff, implement change necessary to support the growth initiatives of the Company while preserving/cultivating the Company’s unique, positive culture
- In collaboration with Executive Staff, serve as a key participant in the development of the company’s strategic plan
- Oversee a forward-looking financial planning and analysis capability throughout the organization, with on-going communication between operating leaders and the finance team
- Serve as the primary interface with key external accounting and finance constituents, including external auditors, commercial and investment bankers, regulatory agencies, tax authorities, and other outside parties as needed.
- Interface with the Board of Directors on a regular basis, providing appropriate visibility into financial reports, forecasts, budgets and the financial implications of various strategic planning initiatives
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring to team within span of control