Elgin Community College Elgin, IL Business & Finance Systems Specialist
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Under the general direction of the Director of Business and Finance Information Systems, serve as the technical point person in the development, maintenance and quality control pertinent to the Students Accounts (AR) service, Financial Aid and Colleague Finance modules. This position works in collaboration with end users and the Director of Business and Finance Information Systems to develop data entry protocols, training for end users from various departments, data retrieval, and report generation relevant to Finance, AR, Financial Aid and Facilities and Operations. Troubleshooting of student account issues regarding account balances and payments. This role provides technical support and performs technical tasks pertaining to auxiliary departments such as Bookstore, Food Operations, Childcare and Facilities Rental.
Up to 25 hours per week
Essential Responsibilities: 1) Troubleshooting a. Provide end user support by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions about Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Finance, and Operations and maintenance of data within the Colleague modules b. Escalate issues reported by user groups on a priority basis.
2) Database Management a. Oversee the accuracy of official student data within the Students Accounts, Financial Aid and Colleague Finance modules. b. Liaise with the Director to ensure that data security access is appropriately assigned for staff. c. Assist in the design, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of Student Accounts processing and Financial Aid. d. Serve as primary contact for issues reported by Student Accounts and Financial Aid. e. Perform system testing to identify potential operational impact. f. Implement and document system generated correspondence to students through communications management.
3) Training a. Train end users on the use of multiple modules and maintain the documentation on these modules.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Superior analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
3. Ability to research and perform level 1 troubleshooting.
4. Ability to provide training documentation and delivery.
5. Proficient keyboarding skills.
6. Ability to provide technical guidance on an integrated data system.
7. Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills, frequent use of integrated computer systems or similar computer-aided work.
8. Excellent customer service skills, oral and written communications and telephone etiquette.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public in diverse populations.
10. Superior organizational skills that allow for multitasking.
11. Attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality when working with information.