The Senior Treasury Consultant will fulfil a role in the delivering of assignments to clients in a broad range of industry sectors (often portfolio companies of financial sponsors) in reviewing, establishing and managing treasury operations and recommending improvements. They will also be responsible for identifying, driving and converting new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will have unquestionable business ethics, outstanding communication and people management skills, adaptability to different situations and environments, and a professional attitude.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drive growth by complying fully with business disciplines, and providing proactive and valuable input into improving processes and marketing.
• Support the planning and implementation of marketing and sales activity to enhance the reputation of PMC, to target and develop new client and financial sponsor relationships, and expand the services provided to existing clients.
• Lead and manage the delivery of treasury consulting and interim management assignments in accordance with professional standards, working with other PMC consultants and client management teams as appropriate.
• The scope of these assignments may include any aspect of treasury or related activities, including cash and liquidity management, optimizing working capital, managing bank relationships, debt and covenant management, financial risk management (including identifying and hedging interest rate, foreign exchange and commodity exposures), treasury management reporting, treasury organization, recruiting treasury personnel, and selecting & implementing treasury technology.
The consultant’s role will be to:
Support the review of treasury and related risks during the pre-acquisition due diligence phase of a financial sponsor transaction;
Define, establish and then be responsible for the interim management of treasury activities, including supporting the recruitment of permanent resources; and
Review, propose and implement policies and improvements to all or certain components of an existing treasury operation, leveraging best practices and addressing practical considerations.
The assignments may require the consultant to work with or under the supervision or guidance of other PMC consultants (either from the UK or another PMC office), and/or report directly to the senior members of the financial sponsor deal team or ongoing management team (directly to the client CEO, CFO or other client personnel).
The consultant may also manage resources from the client, temporary or other consultant/vendor resources in delivering the engagements, in conjunction with banks and other client advisors.
Clients may have global operations located anywhere in the world and the consultant will be required to deliver as much as necessary of the assignment on-site at the client’s offices, but primarily in Europe. When not at client locations, the consultant will work from PMC’s office in London, with occasional travel to other PMC offices.
An undergraduate degree with honors in finance, business administration, economics, accounting or a related area. CPA and/or MBA, Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation preferred.
A minimum of 10 years practical responsibility for corporate treasury in a senior treasury role in the corporate sector, or comparable consulting experience.
Experience identifying and implementing the strategic, operational, and personnel requirements for the treasury of a corporation or division.
Comprehensive knowledge of the management of all strategic and operational aspects of corporate treasury, financial exposures and hedging instruments.
A working understanding of accounting and tax issues related to treasury management.
Strong operational planning and financial control capabilities with exposure to non-treasury financial functions in a corporate environment.
Experience preparing and presenting financial and business presentations to, as well as working directly with, boards of directors and executive management.
Proven people management skills.
Well-developed negotiation and transaction management skills with banks and other advisors.
Knowledge of the financial sponsor sector a plus.
EXPERIENCE & CHARACTERISTICS
Commercial attitude to developing business with existing and prospective clients.
Pro-active team player who is able to contribute to a dynamic and growing business.
Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills: able to persuade, influence and collaborate with all stakeholders of the business.
Bright, motivated and capable individual with a high degree of drive and determination, able to quickly establish personal credibility.
Well-developed analytical and quantitative skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and a balanced, open personality, straightforward in style; an excellent relationship builder.
Able and willing to succeed in an organization that places value on collective rather than individual success.
Strong commitment to deliver and willingness to take on all levels of operational responsibility, both strategic and day-to-day.
High credentials in the market place.
Additional Salary Information: Remuneration will be commensurate with experience
PMC Treasury is a global consultancy offering financial risk management and operational treasury services to PE Sponsors, Corporates and Infrastructure funds across the globe. Established for 28 years, we are present in 28 countries, have worked with over 600 clients, and assisted on deals totaling in excess of $55 billion annually.
We specialize in assisting clients navigate through the chall...enges and opportunities resulting from acquisitions, integrations and investments:
• Operational Treasury - we provide treasury services, ranging from establishing & developing the treasury function, and acting as interim treasurers, to ad hoc treasury consulting.
• Risk Management - we assist with the management of currency, interest rate, inflation & commodity risks, as well as execution of hedging strategies.
To learn more about us, visit www.pmctreasury.com